Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Create Your Own Music Album Badge

Sometimes when I'm driving and in a hurry I get a little (let's be honest...a lot) impatient. And when I get impatient I begin to shout at other drivers and make impolite gestures and facial expressions at them (a lot). I've tried to stop. I really have. But occasionally a big "Get the frick out of my way" just comes bellowing out.

I used to not think much of this bad habit even after having kids. I figured they were too young to understand the depths of mom's driving depravity -- honking, flashing (lights, that is!), yelling, pointing. You get the point. A few weeks ago in the car Evelyn started raising her hands in the air and shouting, "Come on." Whoops.

So, I've started this new thing when a "Move it" or "Come on" or "Get out of my way" suddenly springs forth, I turn it into a song and pretend I'm not really shouting. It really seems to be working, for now at least. I follow the same protocol when I've accidentally screamed too loudly at one (or all) of the kids. I smile, laugh and pretend I was just singing a really loud song.

Already this week I could have recorded an entire album of "I'm not really yelling but I am" songs. I might actually have enough on the playlist to begin working on a greatest hits compilation.

No comments:

Post a Comment