Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'm throwing Snow White in the trash Badge

Well, so much for uninterrupted Timer Time. Dang it. Ev and Jack have each been out of their rooms twice this afternoon. Ugh. Don't worry though. I'm sticking with it. I will get some free time.

This morning Evelyn asked me to give her a makeover before we went to our Bright Beginnings play group. I asked her what she was talking about and she told me she wanted me to make her prettier than all the other girls that would be there. Seriously? So, I went into this whole shpeel about how everyone is equally beautiful and God makes us all unique and special in our own way - we don't need painted nails or makeup. I felt proud of my lofty oration until she asked at the end, "Can you still make me prettier?"

How in the world does she even know what a makeover is or what it means to be prettier than someone else? She told me it's from Snow White. I've watched Snow White and I don't remember that part. Does she get a makeover by the Dwarves? I thought she redid their cottage? Whatever. I'm throwing that movie in the trash. Done and done!

Then at play group, Evelyn painted a picture and brought it over to me. In front of other moms she announced it was a TV. Really? Not a dinosaur like that girl or a bug like that little boy? No, a TV. I felt exposed. Darn that Red Box. We have been frequent patrons these past few rainy days.

Two asides ...
  1. I will be wearing my wedding dress at 4:45 a.m. tomorrow morning drinking mimosas with a few of my girlfriends. You all are welcome to join us. Royal Wedding time!
  2. I am making veggie meatloaf (weird and impossible, right?) tonight. It's amazing. Trust me. Vegetarian meals are always better. They have to be because vegetables are, well let's be honest, gross. So they have to be seasoned super yummy! This recipe doesn't even have any!! Here it is...
  • 3 eggs beaten
  • 1 pint small curd cottage cheese
  • 2 cups special K cereal
  • 2 cups rice krispies
  • 1/4 cup ground walnuts
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1 package of liptons onion cup of soup
  • Ketchup
Preheat oven to 375. Mix all ingredients. Place in 8X8. Cover with foil. Cook 45 minutes. Take foil off. Add Ketchup and cook 15 minutes more. (You can use all Krispies or K if you need to!)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment